Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ice Queen and yarn buying.

Hello again! I've been a bit naughty this week, buying more yarn and beads.










From top left to right - Malabrigo lace weight yarn - violetas, two tubs of beads to match; Lana Grossa Cotton Fun, sock weight yarn; Fyberspates sock yarn in Toffee and Banana. These will keep me out of mischief for a while.











This is a better view of the Malabrigo yarn with the two tubs of beads. The beads are Gutermann Rocailles 9/o colours 6655 and6690. These are intended for a second Ice Queen, the Knitty design. The next photo shows where I've got up to with my first Ice Queen.











The following photos show the Band RR which I mentioned last week. It is now completed and will be in the post in the morning.











For further details on this project, please go to the Stitching Sisters Blog.
The inspiration for this was a wonderful book I found in a Charity Shop. It is so full of exciting photos and illustrations, just perfect for any textile artist.





The photo beneath is one of those I used to base my design on:







The last two show my original design, which got rather altered by the time it was stitched, and a close up of the finished band.






1 comment:

Puella63 said...

Mandy,
I love your blog. So many beautiful projects!
Cristina in Lisboa, Portugal