The past week has been rather a quiet one on the creative side of things. There has been little opportunity or inclination to knit or sew.
I have managed to complete some repairs to one of Ian's jackets. I had to rebuild a couple of pockets and make minor repairs to the lining. Then restitching some buttons which had fallen off or loosened. This had languished in my mending pile for some time before I got around to working on it.
Another item is also being worked on - a simple woollen skirt I made for myself some years ago. I have started adding a lining, since this had never hung properly - being rather too prone to clinging due to static.
Speaking of linings, I have also cut out and prepared the lining of a bag belonging to one of my friends. Hopefully, I shall have sufficient time this week to complete both these projects.
I had a piece of luck yesterday, finding a piece of tartan fabric in a local Charity shop. The piece is almost three metres long, a really useful length. I am hoping that I can use this to make a dress like that in the recent Sew Hip magazine.