Friday, January 11, 2013

Trying to squeeze a quart into a pint pot.


It has been a chaotic few days here. My old workroom had to be packed up and moved across to the "new" house. Yes we are in the process of moving. Not going far, just a couple of doors away from the "old" house. We are lucky in being able to take our time over this.


This is the contents of a fitted wardrobe in the new house. This will contain my stash of fabric, threads, and printing essentials. As you can see, I have invested in a number of plastic boxes and have been labelling everything. I know that if I don't label things as they get boxed up and placed on a shelf, I shall completely forget what is in each box. Yes, they are transparent, but even so the contents may not be entirely clear.


In moving house, we are also downsizing. Both daughters now live in their own homes, and lead independent lives. The time has come to move from the large detached house we had, into a smaller bungalow. This has more space for our hobbies and a larger garden.


I won't be able to use my workroom for a while since we are currently using it as a bedroom. We have my father in law living with us as he recuperates after a spell in hospital. It is lucky we have the bungalow to be able to share the space with him as we look after him. He is slowly improving and regaining his strength, but may be with us for some time yet.

No comments: