Monday, November 24, 2014

A weekend in Harrogate

My collection of purchases
My husband and I were away from home last weekend, heading off to Harrogate for a few days. Harrogate is a really interesting place to visit, and we chose to go because not one, but two shows were on. I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show, whilst my husband headed off to the Woodworking and machine tools Show. We both had a great time.


Vintage patterns

Stencils, wooden blocks for printing, sheer fabrics and a mat for making lino prints.


Goodies found in a rummage box.
As you can see from the range of my purchases, I am planning to do more printing and dressmaking. The vintage patterns are an indulgence since I just love the style. I have been looking for a nice culottes pattern for some time, so was delighted to find this one.


I think I shall make the skirt too.


Almost two yards of Linen and Viscose mix fabric.
Going round the charity shops I found these two lengths of fabric. The linen/viscose mix will make a delightful blouse, whilst the other length will make a lovely summer dress.

Four and a half yards of light cotton batik.
The battered book you also see in the pile of purchases was found in a charity shop too,

I also indulged myself with the purchase of a light box. This will be so useful.

A light box!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lovely day rummaging through vintage treasures! I love the patterns you found. I must plan such an outing for my next visit to England :)Clare
www.anightbird.com

Mandy said...

Thanks so much, Clare. Yes, we did have a lovely time.

Mandy said...

Thanks so much, Clare. Yes, we did have a lovely time.