Tuesday, July 05, 2016

More projects ready to go.


My dress got finished quite quickly after my last post here, but then had to be washed since it ended up with a mark on the front....... my own clumsiness, I expect. It now hangs in my wardrobe ready to be worn.

Today I spent some time getting some more projects cut out ready for sewing. They have all coem from a couple of magazines I bought recently - both copies of "Love Sewing".





The first is this top, using some shiny fabric I bought on impulse some years ago. It is a soft jersey and should suit this design. It is the first of a couple of jersey tops which I shall be making.



The next is this rather useful looking bag. I do love project bags. A useful gift if not something to use. I can't help feeling that I have rather a lot of bags already. I couldn't resist this one. The fabrics are also from my extensive stash.


This second top can also be found in the new "Great British Sewing Bee" book, "From Stitch to Style". I actually got a copy of the book when I took out a subscription to the magazine. There are some interesting designs in the book alongside the patterns. I'm looking forward to trying some of them out. The BBC website about this programme can be found here.



These are the magazines I've got. I've enjoyed reading them too. You can find out about the magazine here.

No comments: