Monday, May 29, 2017

Back again!

Completed Cocoon Coat

back

side view

collar detail
 Well. as you can see, I finally finished my cocoon coat. Just in time for the hot weather to appear! I shall put this away safely ready for the chill weather to arrive in the Autumn. It will be a really cosy jacket to wear. I was pleased with the way it all went together. The original design has the sleeves ending at the tartan. I like my sleeves to end at my wrist, so I added the extra section.


washed fabric pieces
 Yesterday I found two really interesting fabrics. Some really soft jersey fabric. They were part of garments in a charity shop which were really way too big for me. So I have cut the tops apart and washed them. I shall make these up into summery tops for myself in the next few days.

Button It Up Skirt
These next two knitting projects are test knits I have got myself involved with. The first will end up as a toddler's knitted skirt. The colour is a rather nice sage green. I seem to be using this colour a lot in the things I have been making over the past twelve months or so. The yarn is an acrylic aran.
Bronze Oxide
This second project is, or rather will be, a shawl. The colours are cream, light grey, pink and burgundy. 

Both are really interesting projects and I shall share the details of the designer when the patterns are published later in the year. They are part of a collection which is well worth waiting for.

No comments: