Monday, October 16, 2017

"Along the riverbank"

"Along the riverbank"
The last couple of weeks or so have been devoted to getting this piece finished, named and entered for the Region 13 Exhibition at Quiltfest in Llangollen in February next year. I won't hear until the end of November whether it has been accepted.

It has taken me some time to get the piece put together, let alone stitched since I really didn't know what to do with the Colour Challenge fabrics from the MEG group. If you remember, they were taupe, ecru and cobalt. The fabrics can be seen in the pieced background. The design was based on photos taken along the banks of the Weaver Navigation near to where I live. Since my dogs accompany me on these walks, they had to have a place in the finished quilt. Sasha and Ella can be seen in the bottom left hand corner. The completed size is 17.25 inches across and 25.75 inches deep. Yes, it is a strange size, but that is just the way it turned out.

To keep me sane, I have also been knitting a cardigan. It must be aid that I haven't been making that good a job of it since I had to rip back eight inches from the body a few days back and have only just got myself back to that same point. I'd made a stupid mistake and completely misread the pattern.

I am now planning to get some dressmaking done before working on the next page for the Pinfold challenge. The theme for this one is "Architecture". There is an idea buzzing around my head, but I just can't see how to make it yet.

No comments: