Monday, March 05, 2018

Getting back on track

Latest test knit
I'm trying to get myself back into routine. It is ages since I regularly posted on a Monday morning, so I'm hoping to get myself back into doing that from now on.
As you can see the latest test knit is under way. I showed you the yarn colours last time. The design has unicorns running all around the shoulder line. Knitted from the top down, the neckline is a double one which started with a provisional cast on. I'm rather pleased with the way the colours are working together. Hopefully, the colourwork will have been completed by the next time I post a photo.

I have another test knit to complete from this same designer too. This time it is a hat - again for a toddler, so quite a quick project. I should root through my yarn stash to see what I might have. I just hope there is a nice toddler friendly colour in there somewhere. The hat needs DK rather than the four ply of the jumper seen above.

Waterfall jacket

I'm also working on a jacket made out of polar fleece. This should be cosy for when the weather starts to improve later this month. The pattern came as a free gift with the Simply Sewing magazine issue 25. You can see the pattern here, although it does now appear to be out of print.
As you can see from the above photo, I am working on the front at the time of writing this. The jacket features rough edges, which is fine with me. However, since I was rather concerned that the lovely pocket could easily get pulled out of shape, I have chosen to reinforce the edges using tape and my overlocker. I think I will just overlock the main edge of the jacket since the wrong side is shown on the collar. This should be all right. The sleeves have a cuff, so that will reinforce the ends of the sleeves.

Oh yes, in case you were wondering. I do have another quilt forming in my head. Well, make that two. There is also a pair of trousers to be made next. It is a pattern I have used before so I know it fits. The fabric is also waiting in my stash. The only problem is this. Should I use the dry clean only wool in a french navy which would go nicely with this new coat. Or, should I go for the brown fabric bought specifically to make trousers some time ago. This fabric is also lovely, but had been earmarked for a different trouser pattern which would need me to make a toile first...........

No comments: