Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Happy New Year!



It has all been rather busy over the past few weeks. December was spent sewing items for the Sewing Group Stall at the Christmas Craft Fair. Above you can see the pot holders I completed and below this the mug rugs.

The stand looked really bright and was full, perhaps even too full, of items which had been made. It was interesting to help out on the stand and we did manage to sell a few items.


I provided the stand covered by my red table cloth which stood behind our table. The money raised will go towards the craft sessions the group has started in collaboration with the local primary school. Our first sessions had the children making their own Christmas Crackers. Great fun.

The first of January saw my 100th "Me Made Everyday" entry. It was astonishing to realise that I have managed to wear at least one me made item of clothing for each of those days. As I write this I am wearing a cosy pair of cord cargo pants with my own socks, a jersey top and warm woollen jumper. It might not be a very interesting project for anyone reading this, but it is satisfying to make and wear my own clothing. A selfish obsession.

Less selfish projects included this Secret Santa - a shopping bag.


This was the theme for the annual present exchange for the Pinfold group. The bag was made to my own design using pieces of furnishing fabrics. The lining fabric was quite pale and had a carabiner for keys and also a good sized zipped pocket. I am always losing keys at the bottom of the bag so I thought the addition of this clip might be helpful. The outer fabric was a much more practical colour.


This gorgeous brown fabric is the outer and also the fabric for the handles. These were quilted to make them more comfortable to hold.

I am pleased to say that the bags new owner was really happy with her gift. In exchange, I received a large bag from another member of the group.


A few days ago I completed this hat which was promptly claimed by my elder daughter. It is another test knit for Aidasofie. I'll let you know when the pattern is available. It will be a further two weeks before the test knitting phase is over. This pattern was really interesting as well as quick to knit.

Thanks for listening / reading my waffle. I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed a festive New Year too.

No comments: