Sunday, March 25, 2007

Scarf



Well, the next stage of the scarf has been finished.
You will have seen this for the first time here:


The water soluble has been washed away and the felt slightly felted.
At present it measures thirty-two and a quarter inches long, and just seven and a half inches wide. At this size, it really isn't quite long enough or wide enough to work as a scarf. My next task will be to add some FME (Free Machine Embroidery) lace at both long sides to add width. There will be more lace added at each end. This will then end in a long fringe. See sketch book entry below.


During the week, I also discovered a discarded pair of jeans. These belonged to one of my daughters who had sliced up the sides of the legs, leaving slits around 2 inches in length. I thought it would be fun to cover the bottoms of the jeans with a patchwork of small fabric pieces. This should then cover the slits, leaving an almost-new pair of jeans ..... for me! (Unless they get claimed by the previous owner.)

I have the Easter Holiday coming up soon, so these two projects will make for a rather pleasant time. My sewing machine is back from being serviced (how I missed it when it was away!) and I am eager to start using it again.

No comments: