Sunday, February 17, 2008

A busy half-term.

Its been a busy time this week, with various projects under way.
This will turn eventually into a hanging. Not sure how it will look, but the beaded triangles will be linked together with the beads. I imagine a tassel in there somewhere too.
This next project will become a little box. Again, the techniques are based on Japanese folded patchwork. This time, the little scraps of fabric have been stuck on using Bondaweb. Then I have added buttons and will add beads too.
The fabric I used was originally stripes. I cut these up using a rotary cutter with a shaped blade. This idea came originally from a workshop I went to at the Quilters Guild area day earlier this month. Dilys Fronks taught the technique so that we could make a picture. These scraps were left over.
The Amaryllis on my workroom windowsill have been a joy. Such a riot of colour.
I love the flowers as they fade too. Such amazing shapes.
The last photo was taken as we walked into the carpark this evening after having our tea in a local pub. The sky was beautiful.
All this and knitting too. Its been fun.


Toni said...

I can't wait to see what you end up doing with the hanging--you're so creative!!!

Barbara said...

wow...looking forward to the result....Warm regards Barbara