Sunday, April 27, 2008

Knitting and cats.





Well, Liz has just taken possession of her new v-necked jumper. I finished it last week. This is the Dickinson Pullover.






Coco decided she just had to have her photo taken - she had watched me take photos of the jumper shown above. This pose is not just an invitation to tickle her tummy. She is seeking attention and admiration.






This is my new project. A rather nice fitted jacket design from Drops. It is knitted on circular needles, but not in the round. The knitting goes forward and back. A rather interesting project since I have not used circular needles in this way before. I couldn't resist the bright red.






This is another project. It was ongoing, but I ripped back the four squares I had already completed yesterday. I just wasn't happy with them. The three squares I have completed since restarting yesterday are far nicer. I rather like the curved pattern of holes I have accidentally made while increasing.






The ruler gives an idea of scale. This project is part of the Elizabeth's Year group. Its the April project from "The Knitter's Almanac" by Elizabeth Zimmermann. The original design asks for a much thicker yarn, but I decided to go for the double knitting weight instead. This will lead me to need an awful lot more squares to make it the same size as thhe project in the book. As you can see, I am using the remnants of yarn left over from Elizabeth's pullover shown at the top of this post.

No comments: