Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day Trip

We had a lovely day out together yesterday, Ian and I. We went to the National Model Engineering Show in Harrogate. We go there most years, and it is well worth the trip. Harrogate is a couple of hours drive from here.

I took my trusty notebook along with me, since I knew I would be finding inspiration somewhere. My handwriting is truly appalling when I can't find anywhere flat to write against.





After enjoying the Show for a few hours, we went off into Harrogate itself to have a very late lunch. We found ourselves in a wonderful place called the Cattleman's Association. The waitress had a wonderful sense of humour and we spent a very happy hour there. I ate my first Burrito - delicious! It is one of those strangely decorated places. There were pictures of Wild Bill Hickok, various cowboys, a display board of different barbed wire samples and gun cartridge cases. Very strange. The food was good.
Later, we went off to one of my favourite Charity Shops. This is the Oxfam shop close to the famous Betty's Tea Shop. The upstairs of the Charity shop is one big second hand book shop laid out like a library, so everything is easy to find. I found these two books.
I'm looking forward to spending some time with my overlocker (serger) this summer. I really do need to find out exactly what I can do with it.
Oh yes, I wanted to share these flowers with you. They were sent to me as a thank you. A stunning display of really exotic blooms. They look as good this morning as when they arrived just a week ago. The scent of the lilies is just so rich. Gorgeous.
I added a copy of the top photo to my letter of thanks. Ian had a special thank you too. He is off to spend a really nice day at the Manchester United Football ground. A special lunch and he gets to watch a match too! A wonderful surprise for both of us!

No comments: