My colour palette for today.
My water pot, an old mug. Did you spot the mistakes? I forgot to wash it out first - it usually holds my pens. Oops! I also forgot to clear a space around my work. Luckily nothing got damaged this time... But I did forget to remove my best cutting mat. It won't be damaged, but might have turned an interesting colour.
My first colour. I am using a scrap of old tea towel to print with. The tray originally came as part of one of those packaged meals. I have added quite a lot of water to this paint since I want it to really soak into the fabric.
As you can see, not too much of the fabric paint is needed.
My fabric is a loosely woven cotton. I would describe this as "cheesecloth". The fabric needs to be stuck into position using masking tape. The table needs to be covered to avoid staining.
This is some more Setacolor being added, just a small dollop. One of those small tubs (45ml) goes a long way.
I have deliberately not mixed thoroughly, but have added more water and will print with the mixture looking like this.
The reason being that I can get some wonderfully unexpected effects like this one above. The two greens have not mixed together and I get pure colour.
I am now going to add in the red.
This is the completed cloth, still wet.
This is the washed cloth, it is rather interestingly stained. I shall use it again.
Talking of stains, I should own up and mention that the nails of my right hand are currently slightly yellow. One thing I keep forgetting to use are gloves................
The fabric I have printed today - it is still damp as I write - is intended for a new round robin I am taking part in. I intend to overwrite the piece with words linked to Books. Whether this piece of fabric will be good enough for this purpose is another matter. I shall have to wait until it dries.
Thanks for reading my Blog. Please let me know if you have found this post of interest.