Monday, March 12, 2012

Going to a talk, Journal Quilts and knitting.

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be able to go along to a talk given by Audrey Walker of the 62 Group. It was held in the Ruthin Craft Centre in North Wales. It was a lovely journey to get there through some delightful countryside as you can see from these photos.


The talk was fascinating. June Hill, the curator and textile historian, was interviewing Audrey Walker. The talk ranged over the 50 years of the 62 Group's existence, and many examples of work by the various members was shown as a slide show. I am now looking forward to being to go and visit some of the exhibitions being held this year by the 62 Group.


From the wonderful work of a very talented group of textile artists to my own, much more modest pieces...........


Well, my first three journal quilts are completed and posted to the Yahoo site. The theme this year is "Shades of....", the first four being shades of red. I decided when I first read the instructions that I would use the year to make myself a series working through the colour wheel. So the first one, above is made up of shades of reddish purple.


The second is red and contains shades of mid red.


The third one is shades of paler red.

As you can see I added beads and buttons. I have added the complimentary colours of green and analogous colours of orange and purple. The calligraphy just gives a repeated pattern of all the colour names I could think of.


My shawl is almost completed. I just need to finish the picot bind off.

No comments: