Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sewing, stitching, knitting and taking the dog for a walk.

Ella wearing her new backpack.
Ella has a new backpack which we took out on her walk this morning. She is just getting used to wearing it. 
Ella.
The nice thing was that it really didn't seem to trouble her at all. There is nothing bar a few plastic bags in these pockets. I won't be adding any weights until she is quite happy with wearing this backpack. She will only carry about ten percent of her own bodyweight - this will be around 5lbs at most. The intention is to use this for long walks where she can carry some water and a collapsible dog bowl. I'm getting a backpack of my own for a flask, snacks and my camera.  

A frosty puddle.
Frosted leaves.
A chilly morning, it was lovely to see the patterns made by the overnight frost.


Small pot holder.

Collection of pot holders nearing completion.

Yes, there has been some sewing completed. I am playing around with pot holders at the moment since I managed to find some insulated wadding a while back. Oven gloves are really not all that useful at times and I have always wanted something a little smaller. The square ones didn't have a pattern, however you can find the pattern for the oval shaped ones here: http://www.lovella.ca/2011/03/fintgertip-pot-holders.html




A new pair of socks.
This pair of socks is being knitted from a pattern I go to regularly. It is Wise Hilda's Basic Ribbed Socks. You can find the link to the pattern on Ravelry.

The Etui pattern.
Lastly, I am working on this delightful kit by Sue Hawkins. It really is lovely to work on during the evening, especially since I have a really powerful little lamp I can use to light up the area where I am working.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Ella looks so cute in her new backpack!

Mandy said...

Thanks. Yes, she is getting used to wearing it and loves the treats she gets for being good while I put it on, and also for keeping still while I take it off again at the end of the walk.