Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Happy New Year!

Silly hat - front
The last few weeks have been a mad rush to get a waistcoat finished for my daughter as well as getting some bags done as gifts. In all the rush I forgot to take photos! Maddening.



One of the felt flowers
This silly hat was put together quite quickly to go to a New Years Eve party which was also held to celebrate the 50th birthday of one of our neighbours.

Silly hat - back
The invitation read "entry wearing a silly hat", so I attacked my collection of bits of felt. The hat was a bought one, I must admit. A bright purple top hat.

Some more of the flowers.
The buttons were in my button collection. I didn't need to buy anything. The buttons held the pieces of each flower together with a few stitches fastening them in place. The completed flowers were then attached to the hat with double sided sticky tape. It was great fun to make, just messing around with a sharp pair of fabric scissors. I ended up with second prize too!

I do hope that you had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year and that 2014 will be a healthy, creative and enjoyable time for you all.

No comments: