Wednesday, January 27, 2016

More knitting

Being away for Christmas and then going on holiday for a fortnight has meant no posts here, sadly. However, I am now back. Plans for this week include ensuring everything is ready for a talk I am giving on the 10th February and also preparing for a workshop on the 12th. I must have been mad to have agreed to it all. Still, I have always worked better when under pressure.
I did manage to complete one stitched piece yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't share it until after the 12th February. Yes, the piece is part of a challenge which finishes on that date. The group is one for whom I shall be giving the workshop. It should be fun.
After finishing the waistcoat I showed in my last post here, I started a completely different project. The knitting pattern is one found by my sister. It dates from the 1920s, and was taken from a magazine called "Woman's Outlook". The date on the cover is 14th January1928.

The sleeveless top
The photo isn't very clear about exactly what it looks like. I have now almost completed it, just needing to complete the sailor style collar which isn't clearly shown above.

The pattern's headline
The pattern uses 3ply, but I have used 4ply since I could achieve the correct tension. The yarn used is Debbie Bliss Rialto 4ply in the aqua colourway. Not a cheap wool, this is pure merino, chosen since it should drape well.

Just knitting the collar
The collar, hemline and armholes are all in double moss stitch. I shall take more photos when the light is better.
It was a delightful project to take away on holiday.

No comments: