Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Sewing and making plans


As you can see from these photos the hat has been completed. It has now been passed on to it's owner.


The size is toddler, so it is quite small. I made this to match a jumper I made some months ago. It should help keep this little person nice and cosy this winter.


This blouse, Butterick 6301, is now almost complete with just the buttonholes to be stitched and the buttons added. I'm rather pleased with this since I can easily wear it. This version, being made from a white cheesecloth, is rather sheer so will have to be worn under a top of some kind. The length is just right, so I can now cut out this same pattern from the blue fabric I have chosen for this project.


Over the past few days I have also made this toile. This is for the Simplicity pattern 8243. Again, I have used the same cheesecloth fabric as the Butterick blouse shown further up in this post. This second blouse is going to be a much more fitted affair. I'm looking forward to getting this one finished. I already have the fabric I am planning to use for the main version. I'm hoping that this one will, like the Butterick version, be a wearable toile. One I could use for everyday wear. Again, it is rather sheer so will have to be worn under a waistcoat or somesuch. Just as well I have quite a few in my wardrobe.

The new pin cushion has been so useful in making these two pieces. I wrote about making it in my last post here

As for planning. I still have to sort out what projects I want to get on with and the order in which I plan to do them. I have a number of dressmaking projects I would really love to make - another pair of culottes, the two blouses I have already mentioned, and a pinafore dress to my own design. I really need a couple of skirts and a couple of pairs of trousers for the autumn and winter. Other potential projects are a wallhanging I have in my head, but which I haven't started work on yet. The plans for it are nearly there. Then there is the felt. I really would love to get back to making some and starting work on the CiFT elements. I need to get it all planned out on paper and work out suitable time frames for it all. Ah well, I might become organised one of these days.

No comments: