Monday, September 18, 2017

It's been a strange week.


It has been a rather strange week. I have managed to start a challenge piece for the MEG group. This rather dull looking piece is the start of something which I hope will become rather more interesting. I found some yarn in Aldi which I hope to make into a much needed cardigan before the end of the year. It is an acrylic yarn which feels really nice. I still haven't found a suitable pattern, but have only just started looking. I'm hoping for something a bit more fitted than the box shaped cardigans and jumpers I tend to knit for myself.



I managed to get to my first Friday Felters meeting of the year. We were making name badges. Mine has turned out rather dark and muddled, being somewhat difficult to read. I shall attempt to make another one before the next meeting. We were needle felting onto a piece of pre-made felt supplied at the meeting. I embroidered mine as well as needle-felting it. 


At Pinfold last week we were knitting teddies for the Teddies for Tragedies charity. I have finished knitting four teddies and made four bags for them. The bears still need sewing together and stuffing before adding faces. I will need to get hold of some more toy stuffing before being able to continue this project.


But what was so strange about the last few days? It was trying to fit everything in around helping my husband shift a pile of wood. The other difficulty being working between the heavy showers we have been having lately, whilst making sure the wood was sorted and covered with tarpaulins. It all took three days to accomplish. Aldi was brilliant yet again, supplying the tarpaulins we used. The dogs got rather bored with the whole process.

The only unfortunate thing was that I got a bit stuck with the ribbing for the fingerless mittens I need to complete by the end of next week. The technique was one I had not tried before, so I found myself searching the internet for a youtube video. The technique is called  "2 x 2 Tubular Cast On".  I found a video by Very Pink Knits which was really helpful.


As you can see, I really haven't got very far with these mittens and must get a move on. The MEG challenge piece needs to be finished by the end of next week too. Which reminds me, those teddies need to be completed by next Wednesday. I think the ironing pile will just have to wait.

No comments: