Monday, April 02, 2007

Band Robin

I promised a couple of weeks ago that I would post photos of some stitching I recently completed. This is for a Round Robin.

The piece you see here is Margaret's Band Robin. She has stitched the glorious tulips which are at the top. I have added the amaryllis design beneath. You may recall the photos of the amaryllis from an earlier entry to the Blog.

This second photograph shows some of the detail of the stitching and the beading. The threads I have used are YLI silk, whilst the beads are Mill Hill small bugle beads. The colours are more accurate in the top picture.

The following pictures show my own Band, currently in the USA. I have used YLI Jeans Stitch on 28 count fabric. The background is a mottled blue. The fabric was purchased rather than dyed by myself... perhaps something else to try one day. The booklet is travelling round with my embroidery.

No comments: