Sunday, October 07, 2007

Knitting and sewing.




Its been quite a busy week. The trees have all started changing colour and the hanging baskets have just about finished flowering. These amazing little flowers give a startling burst of colour to add to the visual din.




I managed to finish the machine embroidery on my jeans, though I do have a feeling that a few beads would add an interesting bit of sparkle....






During the week, I also finished the back of one jumper - the Notre Dame de Grace I started last weekend. I've now got started on the front..........


I did start my jumper for the Elizabeth's Year October project. However, I wasn't happy with the first version - I'd decided to try having a hem. It looked far too bulky, so I ripped it back. Then I started again, this time ribbing the edge. It kept getting twisted on the needles, so that got ripped back. I have started once more..... Hopefully this time it will work well.
I haven't yet started the sock yarn - I've been far too busy. On top of everything else, I was asked to help with cutting a couple of inches off the bottom of a pair of ready-made lined curtains. Rather a nice task that I've almost finished.
Last night my elder daughter asked if I could repair a pair of trousers for her....... not much, just a damaged seam and turn-ups that need a few stitches to reinforce. Oh and could I take up another pair of trousers for her? The legs are two inches too long...........
Why do I find myself saying "yes"?

1 comment:

Puella63 said...

Mandy,
Thank you so much for your comments on my blog.
I've been looking at yours and I like it very much.
It seems that many of the knitters are teachers. :) I am a teacher too at a secondary school. At least another member of EZ, who left a comment in my blog, is a teacher too.

And you are almost my neighbour. At least we are in the same time zone. LOL

I have family in several places in England (London, Surrey, Bristol) and I've been there several times. I love your country.