I've been having fun with my new printing blocks and fabric paints. This shows the first colour added to the vine leaf block on to a piece of calico. I shall be overprinting this with another, darker colour.
These are the new fabric paints from Colouricious. I used these neat, mixing three colours together, sponging them onto the fabric. Great fun. Next time I shall try them with a little water added, just to see what happens. The containers make it really easy to get just the right amount of paint. There is a little hole in the top and its easy to get just the right amount. Such a good idea.
The completed fabric is still really malleable, a little stiffer than I am used to. I will still be able to sew through the fabric and overprint on it. I was wondering about discharge printing using the new blocks but this will have to wait for a change in the weather. It has been far too cold and wet outside today.
I decided to cover my work top with paper this time. This way I get to the use the paper as end papers for my home-made books or in my sketchbook. Yes, I do have one on the go at the moment. I shall show it to you another time.
This time, my trusty Setacolor Opaque fabric paints. I water these down a lot, so the paint goes a really long way.
This is the completed fabric. It is softer than the Colouricious fabric paints, but then I did water the paint down a lot. (Probably about four or even five parts water to one part paint). The Setacolor is really thick and gloopy when it comes out of those small bottles, which can be a bit of a nuisance if the bottle is newly opened, or the paint has hardened a little.
I shall definitely use paper again. Such fun.