|Some patterns I have been given|
|Most of my pattern collection|
|Yes, it is all in sections|
|My current project yarn as well as some for the next three projects planned|
I finished the top, as shown in the last post. Then cast on with this next project from December's "The Knitter" magazine. You can see the design photos from the magazine here. It is knitting up really nicely so far, with only a few rows ripped back. Yes, I always get something wrong somewhere. It is quickly remedied most of the time. In the worst cases, I end up ripping back and starting again.
|Design ideas - basic leaves|
|Blocks designed from a small section of the design above|
|A design idea based on the block patterns|
|More ideas based on the same blocks|
|Using cut out paper|
|The background paper|
|The remaining cut out pieces|
|The elements I had taken to the workshop|
Towards the end of the session, I made an experimental block from pizza packaging - the polystyrene type. Not sure that it will work, but it is worth a try. This one is sitting on a collection of thin craft foam pieces. I intend to make some more blocks from this.
|A block made from packaging|